I try my best to prep as much food as I can each week. I like to prep easy meals that I can use for lunch, so in between clients, classes, and programming I don’t really have to think omg what should I eat today?! This is my go to chicken salad & it is my absolute FAV. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Steps to make Chicken Salad:
1) Get 1-2 packets of Trader Joe’s pre-made chicken. I either get the white meat chIcken or the grilled chicken breast. Both of them with no marinade.
2) Chop up the chicken to bite size pieces.
3) After that add in whichever chopped veggies you prefer. In this one I got the celery, onions & carrots chopped combination from Trader Joe’s. Pre chopped = time saver! Sometimes I’ll add in a red or green pepper or a red onion. Chop up whatever you want to use and add it in with the chicken.
3) Mix in Primal Kitchen’s Chipotle Lime Mayo. I’ll do a layer of chicken and veggies and then add in a scoop of the mayo. After that I’ll do another layer of chicken, veggies, and add in another scoop.
Use the code “DFALZ10” on Primal Kitchen’s website to save on your next order:
4) Once you mixed the chicken, veggies, and mayo together add in garlic powder & pepper for a little zest.
5) Mix all of the ingredients together one more time in a big bowl & save it in the fridge for the whole week.
How to enjoy it:
I’ll eat this chicken salad on its own or I love to add it to a toasted English muffin . I’f I’m feeling spicy I’ll also add relish or jalapeños to the sandwich making it extra delicious. Let me know if you try it out. Enjoy!